For more than 30 years PROMETEC is a leading manufacturer of monitoring systems for tools, processes and machine components on NC cutting machine tools and laser weld systems.
We detect tool breakage or impending tool wear, we see when a machining process runs out of control or when a machine component like spindle, axis, drive etc. becomes damaged.
Thus we aid the maintenance team and help with machining and process disposition to always ensure a high manufacturing quality at minimal cost.
Our customers are the machine tool manufacturers, the machining plants of the international automotive and aerospace manufacturers as well as their suppliers.
As a mid-tier in the industry under the roof of the Sandvik Group we treasure each of our employees highly.
Become a part of the “PROMETEC family”! We are looking forward to getting to know you.
In the greater area of Detroit/Ann Arbor we are currently seeking a Sales Engineer to join our team. This is an outside sales position that will require travel. The qualified candidate will be able to perform all job duties and meet the following requirements.
- Work the North America territory
- Provide customer consultation and correspondence
- Preparation and tracking of quotes
- Connecting link between customers, our service and development teams
- Initiate product development and product marketing
- Assist the maintenance team; help with machining and process disposition to always ensure a high manufacturing quality at minimal cost
- Previous sales experience
- Engineer or technician for engineering / machining / mechatronics or with comparable practical experience is preferred
- Must be technically oriented
- Experience in dealing with customers, independent, dedicated work style and poise
- Experience with machine tools
- Knowledge in the areas of monitoring of machinery and equipment, instrumentation, sensor integration, PLC or CNC technology is an advantage
- Must be willing to travel 50-75%
- Thorough training and cooperative climate
- Quick decision-making
- An attractive fixed salary plus commissions, company benefits, as well as a car allowance
Please send your application papers to:
Att. Mrs. Teresa Domrase
47711 Clipper Street,
Plymouth, MI 48170
or please contact us via e-mail (not a clickable link – please type the address manually)